- Publish Date
- Monday, 2 May 2022, 9:36AM
What's On This Winter with Christchurch City Council and Radio Hauraki.
Winter is almost here which means we've got some epic events lined up to get you out of the house! So discover what's happening in your city by taking a look at the digital What's On guide - ccc.govt.nz/whatson
The guide is packed with lots to do like live concerts, Matariki events, sporting matches and much more! Also be sure to visit regularly as we will be updating this page as more details are announced.
Tirama Mai - Matariki lighting festival: FREE
- Tīrama Mai is an annual winter lighting festival. The festival features a range of bespoke installations produced by local artists and lighting designers
- In 2022, Tīrama Mai will be held Friday 24 June – Sunday 3 July 2022. Located around Cathedral Square
- Tīrama Mai, meaning to illuminate or bring light, is a winter lighting festival that celebrates Matariki – a star cluster that once rises signals the Māori New Year.
Go Live Music Festival and Industry Talks
- Happening Friday, 22 and Saturday 23 July 2022
- Go Live Festival is returning to Ōtautahi-Christchurch this winter. 2022 marks Council’s third-annual Go Live event
- This year Go Live will offer industry seminars featuring music experts from around NZ and talented artists, playing live on stage over two nights (Friday & Saturday)
- Tickets will be live on Friday, 20 May
- Winter school holidays – Saturday 9 July to Sunday 24 July
- This year celebrate 31 years of KidsFest
- KidsFest is two weeks of exciting activities put on for Canterbury families, kids (and BIG kids)
- Whether they’re into music, technology, the outdoors, or a mix of everything – kids will find plenty to beat the boredom this winter holidays at KidsFest
Christchurch City Council Winter Events is proudly sponsored by Radio Hauraki.