Medics Fall Ill After Contact With 'Substance'

Publish Date
Thursday, 11 June 2015, 3:09PM
Source: NZ Herald

Source: NZ Herald

Paramedics have reportedly fallen ill after responding to a patient injured by a dangerous substance in an Auckland shopping mall bathroom.

A large emergency service presence is at Westfield Manukau.

It is not yet known how many paramedics were harmed, but it is understood they came into contact with a dangerous substance, possibly a chemical, while responding to the patient.

Police, firefighters and St John were seen heading to the shopping centre on the corner of Great South Rd and Manukau Station Rd shortly before 2pm.

The Fire Service was working to control the dangerous substance.

Newstalk ZB

Take your Radio, Podcasts and Music with you