Fart Blamed For Creating Fire During Surgery

Publish Date
Tuesday, 1 November 2016, 12:12PM
Getty Images

Getty Images

Everyone knows that farts are funny. The loud ones, the sneaky ones. The smellier the better!

Although this could go down as a worst case scenario when it comes to farts...

According to gizmodo.com and a new Tokyo Medical University Hospital report, a patient’s fart during surgery apparently caused a fire that led to serious burns on her body...

The patient, in her 30s, was receiving an operation that involved using a laser to perform surgery. According to the hospital report, “When the patient’s intestinal gas leaked into the space of the operation [room], it ignited with the irradiation of the laser, and the burning spread, eventually reaching the surgical drape and causing the fire.”

What. The. F*ck! 

h/t: gizmodo.com

Take your Radio, Podcasts and Music with you